Jul 30, 2016
So I have a 3.0 overall GPA and a 2.7 pre req GPA (I have retook 4 pre req classes already). I'm going to take my GRE on Aug 24th. I have 500+ hours in various of PT location but I'm really worried if they will decline me because of my grades. I have been working since freshmen year as well as being an active members in different clubs which is one of the reason my grades so low. But I want to go to Touro University in Manhattan, what are my chances of actually getting in? I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Please Help

Ndebt

2+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2016
Tennessee
Status
DPT / OTD
The polite answer: anything is possible. Go for a place that doesn't look so hard at your gpa. Do well on your GRE to make up for it.

The ugly answer: you might get in because all of these new schools are opening up for business and would love your money but even given that you might get by with a 3.2 or so but a 3.0 does not seem likely to me. Consider other paths.

Feb 29, 2016
Hey Lili23,

So I can tell you about my experience applying last year.
Undergrad: UC Davis, Microbiology
Cumulative GPA = 3.2
Pre-req Gpa = 3.1
Last 60 = 3.5
GRE = 156 Q 154 V and writing 5
I had 4 LOR
2500 hours in outpatient ortho
50 hours in outpatient peds
100 hours in inpatient spinal cord
extracurricular and work

I got waitlisted at a bunch of schools: CSULB, UM, UPitt, Touro, FPU
I received no acceptances, but I am currently waiting for Touro college to get back to me this August, I may have a chance of getting in to the program.

I retook some classes and took extra classes to boost my GPA, so currently my cumulative and pre-req may be slightly higher. It may be very hard to get into schools with your stats, I suggest you retake some pre-req classes, or get a really high GRE score. Good Luck, and I completely understand your stress and frustration!