What are my chances in these schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor36

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I just got my MCAT results today and I wasn't too happy with them
30P (PS 9, VR 10, BS 11)
I have a strong GPA: Science- 3.86; Total- 3.87
I'm a Florida resident and a non-native English speaker.
I applied to all the schools in my state and also to Harvard, John Hopkins, Albany, NYU, Drexel, Duke, and Wake Forest?
What do you think are my chances of getting in? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your breakdown score = 29 total...so is it 29 or 30?

It seems you are applying to a lot of reach schools (Harvard, Duke, Johns Hopkins, NYU) Average MCAT score for those schools are about 35.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

We are almost the same applicant! Exact same MCAT, sameish GPA, same frustration. Except you did it all in your second language...that's impressive. Unless you have some miracle extracurriculars, Harvard etc is probably a stretch. However, one thing that my advisor suggested is to look up the mission statements of those reach schools and see if your application reflects their mission in any obvious way. If so, milk it with that school and you'll probably have a shot.

Sorry you're disappointed, I know exactly how you feel. But crap like this is our best chance to practice being like doctors. So instead of sitting down on the ground and drinking excessively, which I considered briefly, lets be logical and procedural about it do the best we can with what we've got. That's all that is expected of us.

Hey, thank you so much for the reply. It made me feel better.