What are my chances of me getting in to Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorNations

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently just working full-time, helping my parents financially because my dad has been unemployed for over a year and a half. My MCAT score is 18O. Was a chemistry major and had a GPA of 3.025 Cum. I am a female, Hispanic. Born in Bolivia, but raised in New Jersey. So my first language is Spanish, reason why I did so poorly on the Verbal Secion. had a 3 on it. had 9 on Biological Sciencies, and 6 on Physical Sciences. I have done some mission work through churches. Is there an hope for me? I am thinking of applying for Caribbean School, DO, and as a back up, Post-bach program. Even tho I have completed all my pre-reqs.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Take the MCAT again. Use Examkrackers 101 verbal passages and any other verbal book you can get your hands on to get as much practice as possible. Do Examkrackers for physics and biology too, as it gives you a basic outline and is enough to get you ~10.

Make sure to not take the test until you are ready, and scoring well above your original score on the practice tests.

Also, look into the Puerto Rico schools (still counts as US MD for residency match), and they have shockingly low MCAT averages (18-21), but they do require fluency in Spanish (which of course won't be a problem for you). Still take the MCAT again, and if you don't mind living in Puerto Rico for a couple of years, consider applying there as well. Good luck

Take the MCAT again. Use Examkrackers 101 verbal passages and any other verbal book you can get your hands on to get as much practice as possible. Do Examkrackers for physics and biology too, as it gives you a basic outline and is enough to get you ~10.

Make sure to not take the test until you are ready, and scoring well above your original score on the practice tests.

Also, look into the Puerto Rico schools (still counts as US MD for residency match), and they have shockingly low MCAT averages (18-21), but they do require fluency in Spanish (which of course won't be a problem for you). Still take the MCAT again, and if you don't mind living in Puerto Rico for a couple of years, consider applying there as well. Good luck

I have a 35 on my MCAT. It was because of TBR and not Examkrackers which sucks. Go w/ the the Berkeley Review. EK is short and useless.