what are my chances/school selector help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lochness612

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your chances are good. I don't think you need to add DO schools.

The only potential red flag that I see is that all of your medical volunteering was obtained in a month. That isn't going to look good. Any chance you can find another volunteer position for the application cycle so that you can include it in update letters/talk about in interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I share the concern expressed about the brevity of experience in a medical environment, as adcomms like to see longevity in this type of activity. What did you mean by "paraprofessional for autistic children?" Might that be construed or spun as clinical experience also?

Other schools within your stats range, considering you have 13 months of research, which have a decent OOS acceptance rate:

UVirginia, Emory, Brown, Dartmouth, Ohio State,
UCF, USCal, Boston, Tufts, SLU, Einstein, Rochester,
UConn, Georgetown, Miami, Iowa, Maryland, UMinn, Wake, Cincinnati, Penn State, UWisconsin,

Unless you are drawn to DO schools, have shadowed a DO, and can inteliigently discuss OMM at interviews, I see no reason to include some.

Last edited: