What are my chances...sigh...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lostandmorelost

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok...so here is my dilemma...
I recently graduated from a decent U.S college with a B.S degree with a double major (one in a science field and one non- science)
I have a 3.32 sGPA 👎 and a 3.5 cum GPA
I have taken my MCATs and gotten an 29P
Currently I am planning on completing a master's program for the year I have until medical school (if i get in 🙁) starts.
4 semesters of clinical volunteering dealing directly with patients (100 hours or so)
Non-clinical volunteer such as soup kitchens, food drives, fundraising for organizations such as make-a-wish and more.
I have shadowed an M.D. for about a year now.
I have little non-clinical research experience (A little over 3 months) and no clinical research experience (trying desperately to find).
I am in process of starting a new volunteer position at a local hospital....but my main question is: do i have a good shot of getting into a U.S Medical School?

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, or concerns would be appreciated greatly!
thanks! 🙂
 
Last edited: