What are my chances? (Sorry)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TreeofRoses

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me gain more insight as to where I may stand in the application process. I know there are many other factors such as personal statement, LOR, and supplemental applications, and the interview but I'm just curious.

I'm planning on taking the OAT in the summer.
My GPA is currently a 3.0.
I did a 6 month internship in an optometry clinic.
I have around 10 hours shadowing experience, I know not a lot but I hope to gain more this summer.
I have been volunteering at a hospital.
I'm also a part of various clubs at my university.

I was a little worried about my GPA not being too high. Is it even possible to have a shot at an interview? I'm not the best at interviews, so does the interview heavily outweigh the other parts of the application?

I would greatly appreciate any insight and advice. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools look at your application as a whole. Bringing your GPA up would definitely be good. As long as you score above a 300 at the very least on your OAT scores you should be good.

My GPA was a bit lower but had a lot of optometry experience which helped me stand out at the interview. I recently got into a school and have another interview coming up. My OAT score was a 320 on AA and TS so if you at least get that, try to pick up your GPA and get some more optometry experience then you should be good.