What are my chances? (Suny Downstate)

Started by GoAbroad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GoAbroad

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently have a 3.0 GPA and a 3.4 science GPA. By the time I apply my GPA should be up to 3.3 and the science GPA 3.6. My MCAT score is a 36. I have some extra-curricular's too, my big one was starting a humanitarian trip here (Binghamton University) to Latin America.
The problem is I really just dislike school in general, so I am graduating a year early to try to get everything moving a little faster. However, I could stay here an extra year and have a dual major. Right now I am a Cell Molecular Biology major, but if I stay for the full four years I'll have that and a degree in Latin American and Caribbean Area Studies. I would also have a semester abroad and my GPA would continue to rise through senior year. I was just wondering your guys opinions on whether I should stay for senior year or take it off and make some money/travel/take a break from the education system. Thanks!