What are my chances to a top 30 medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheeeesh2021

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering if my application is good enough to apply for many T30 medical schools.

• State/Country of Residence: GA
  • Ties to other States/Regions: N/A
  • URM? (Y/N): N
  • Year in School: Senior
  • Undergraduate Major(s)/Minor(s): Genetics (minor in statistics and health administration and policy)
  • Cumulative GPA: 3.96
  • Science GPA: 3.95
  • MCAT Score(s): 524 (132,131,129, 132)
  • Research Experience: 2+ years in genomics lab, summer research internship at Emory, will do gap year research at NIH
  • Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. first author, second author, etc.): Publication in process, 3rd author. Honors thesis.
  • Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): 2 1/2 years of ED scribe, 1 1/2 year volunteer at the same hospital
  • Physician Shadowing: 100+ hours with 2 different specialties.
  • Non-Clinical Volunteering: 4 years Habitat for Humanity; 4 years afterschool program for at-risk children.
  • Other Employment History: SAT, ACT, Chemistry, Biology, and Genetics Tutor for 3 years on Varsity Tutors
  • Leadership: Captain of my dance team for 3 years. I danced for 4 years in total.
  • Immediate family members in medicine? (Y/N): Y
  • Interest in Primary Care (Y/N): Y
  • Interest in Rural Health (Y/N): N
  • Medical School List: Top 30 Medical Schools

Members don't see this ad.

• Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I was wondering if my application is good enough to apply for many T30 medical schools.

• Undergraduate Major(s)/Minor(s): Genetics (minor in statistics and health administration and policy)
  • Research Experience: 2+ years in genomics lab, summer research internship at Emory, will do gap year research at NIH
  • Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. first author, second author, etc.): Publication in process, 3rd author. Honors thesis.
  • Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): 2 1/2 years of ED scribe, 1 1/2 year volunteer at the same hospital
  • Non-Clinical Volunteering: 4 years Habitat for Humanity; 4 years afterschool program for at-risk children.
  • Other Employment History: SAT, ACT, Chemistry, Biology, and Genetics Tutor for 3 years on Varsity Tutors
  • Leadership: Captain of my dance team for 3 years. I danced for 4 years in total.
Needs more cow bell

edit: You are fine to apply wherever you want. Your application has no deficiencies and is in fact above and beyond in all categories. Good job and good luck.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Chances outstanding. Start list with WashU

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to be crass, but such is my mood today- someone with your level of achievement should have the magnitude of understanding you'll be just fine. If you were to have researched even a small minutia of acceptance statistics (ironically considering this should've been your first instinct given your minor) you would've seen you're beyond fine. Invest in MSAR and have your pick of the orchard.

Reactions: 8 users
This board is absolutely filled with the most insecure people i have ever listened to. Y’all need to put on your reality glasses and grownup pants.

Reactions: 2 users
You are a competitive applicant at every school in the country. Good luck.