What are my chances with St. George?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopeful DO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was wondering what my chances were with St. George Medical School with these stats:

GPA: 3.45

MCAT: 22Q (V5, P6, B11)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopeful DO said:
Hey everyone. I was wondering what my chances were with St. George Medical School with these stats:

Your GPA looks good, as long it reflects your science courses as much as it reflects your electives.

The MCAT is a little on the low side, but the biological is up there.

You should apply and find out, because if your interview goes well, then you will be accepted as long as you are competitive during that time.

Just like most everything else in life people accept/hire the person, not the stats.

McGillGrad said:
Your GPA looks good, as long it reflects your science courses as much as it reflects your electives.

The MCAT is a little on the low side, but the biological is up there.

You should apply and find out, because if your interview goes well, then you will be accepted as long as you are competitive during that time.

Just like most everything else in life people accept/hire the person, not the stats.

Good chance. I'm sure they've taken people with your stats before. Apply to Osteopathic schools too. What have you got to lose? You'd very much rather be a DO than an FMG from an off-shore school. But that's just my opinion.

fruit fly said:
Good chance. I'm sure they've taken people with your stats before. Apply to Osteopathic schools too. What have you got to lose? You'd very much rather be a DO than an FMG from an off-shore school. But that's just my opinion.

Arent all FMG's off Shore??? And why are you better off being a DO than going to St. George? I went to a osteopathic school and left to go to St. George.

Your opinion and 50 cents wont buy you a cup of coffee.

fruit fly said:
Well now... As someone who was accepted to each, I believe I have an informed opinion on the issues. If you truly feel the need to run to Grenada for initials, have fun, but I disagree entirely.
That's nice. But it's to your own benefit to stop trying to recruit people from the Caribbean to join Osteopathy as a backup. I would rather we have more people who truly desire to be a DO in the field than people going there as a backup. So when people in the future ask them why DO, they don't say " because I didn't want to move to the Caribbean". You might want to think about that. And I respect all of you who are going as far as moving out of the country to pursue your dreams of becoming an M.D. Maybe we'll meet at rotations! :thumbup:

OnMyWayThere said:
That's nice. But it's to your own benefit to stop trying to recruit people from the Caribbean to join Osteopathy as a backup. I would rather we have more people who truly desire to be a DO in the field than people going there as a backup. So when people in the future ask them why DO, they don't say " because I didn't want to move to the Caribbean". You might want to think about that. And I respect all of you who are going as far as moving out of the country to pursue your dreams of becoming an M.D. Maybe we'll meet at rotations! :thumbup:

Excellent point!

Hopeful DO said:

Hopeful DO,

Your stats are respectable, but I'm not sure they will cut it for SGU. If you can bring up the verbal and physics scores to over 10, then you might even consider staying in the US. Just a thought...