What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ysitbon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I plan on taking the Mcat in January 2014 and would just like to have your opinion on my app so far!
Bachelor of science in neuroscience UCLA, sGPA 3.3, oGPA:3.4
Worked in a flow cytometry lab, volunteered for a year in the ucla hospital in NICU, MICU and liver transplant department, volunteered in a neuroscience research lab on cocaine addiction for about a year and currently volunteering in another research lab (both at ucla) focusing on methamphetamine addiction.
Planning on shadowing a doctor and becoming a medical scribe after I take the Mcat until I start med school.

I know the decision depends on the Mcat score, so what score would I have to get to be competitive?
Thanks for the infos and help and good luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad.

If you're willing to go anywhere, 23 will probably suffice.

Score 27 and you'll be good for most programs

Last edited:
See my post in WAMC

Hi everyone!
I plan on taking the Mcat in January 2014 and would just like to have your opinion on my app so far!
Bachelor of science in neuroscience UCLA, sGPA 3.3, oGPA:3.4
Worked in a flow cytometry lab, volunteered for a year in the ucla hospital in NICU, MICU and liver transplant department, volunteered in a neuroscience research lab on cocaine addiction for about a year and currently volunteering in another research lab (both at ucla) focusing on methamphetamine addiction.
Planning on shadowing a doctor and becoming a medical scribe after I take the Mcat until I start med school.

I know the decision depends on the Mcat score, so what score would I have to get to be competitive?
Thanks for the infos and help and good luck to everyone