What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharm303

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My stats:

Graduated in 2010
GPA: 2.95
sGPA: 2.9
PCAT: 94% composite
4 years of work experience in a pharmaceuticals lab
1 year research experience while in undergrad
volunteering in clinical pharmacy, shadowing a compounding pharmacy and retail, volunteer in ER, board member of a club and member of other pre-health clubs

UNC is my top choice but what do you guys think, which schools should I be focusing on? Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your PCAT score is very competitive so congratulations on that. On the other hand, you GPA will hold you back, so I would recommend applying to multiple pharmacy schools as a back up plan if UNC doesn't work out. The average GPA for an incoming UNC student is a 3.5 and they accepted about 20% of their applicants. You have a lot of experience, but make sure you apply to multiple schools good luck. This is a link to the stats I mentioned: https://pharmacy.unc.edu/programs/t...pharmd-students/the-unc-pharmd/admissions-faq

with your extracurricular and your high pcat score, you have a chance somewhere. I would suggest you to apply broadly

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you taken any classes in the past 4 years? Most schools do not accept grades for classes taken over 5-6 years before applying.

ok, so I'm not applying to unc b/c I don't meet all of their pre-reqs but what do you guys think about campbell?