This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedDevil202013

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN family!
Got a little break from work so I decided to do a chance me. I haven't taken the DAT just yet, but I'm hoping for a 21-22 whenever I do take it. I know it's silly for me to post this now before knowing but I just want your feedback!
Major: BA Economics
GPA: 3.8 oGPA, 3.7 sGPA
DAT: Hoping for at least around 22-21AA
ECs: Club Soccer, Member of different organizations at my school, Internship with a law/community services firm that offered me a job after.
Starting a Fitness club at my University soon
Volunteering: 50 hours (Gonna shoot for 100 before applying)
Shadowing: 60 hours (Gonna have more than 120 before applying)
Work: More than 2000 hours of work experience.
2 alright recommendation letters from my science professors but I have a fantastic one from my boss.
Schools that I'm applying too:
1. Michigan
2. UDM
3. VCU
4. University of Colorado
5. UNC
6. University of Washington
7. UPenn
8. University of Alabama
9. Maryland
10. University of Pittsburgh
Maybe other more

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is excellent, ECs look good, definitely get the shadowing and volunteering up though. And it'll be hard to say anything else without a DAT score. I would also add your state schools to your list if they're not already on there.

Reactions: 1 user
Your GPA is excellent, ECs look good, definitely get the shadowing and volunteering up though. And it'll be hard to say anything else without a DAT score. I would also add your state schools to your list if they're not already on there.
With that GPA, unless his school is absolute crap, a 21 DAT should be pretty easy to land.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everything looks good in terms of stats and EC's. If you end up shooting for the numbers you put for volunteering and shadowing. I would even encourage some more if you could but it isn't absolutely necessary. I didn't apply to any of those schools that you listed but with your stats you should be fine. As a reference, I am a CA resident, with a 3.7 GPA, 21 AA/PAT, combined over 1000 hours of shadowing and volunteering, applied to 5 schools (UCLA, UOP, WesternU, UNLV, and USC). I got interviews at 3 schools and accepted at all 3 as well.

Everything looks good in terms of stats and EC's. If you end up shooting for the numbers you put for volunteering and shadowing. I would even encourage some more if you could but it isn't absolutely necessary. I didn't apply to any of those schools that you listed but with your stats you should be fine. As a reference, I am a CA resident, with a 3.7 GPA, 21 AA/PAT, combined over 1000 hours of shadowing and volunteering, applied to 5 schools (UCLA, UOP, WesternU, UNLV, and USC). I got interviews at 3 schools and accepted at all 3 as well.
honestly a 19 is pretty different from a 21. Especially with 2 big sections (reading+bio) being 18 or less. Not trying to discourage the OP, but I would say your case is pretty different from his.

honestly a 19 is pretty different from a 21. Especially with 2 big sections (reading+bio) being 18 or less. Not trying to discourage the OP, but I would say your case is pretty different from his.
I am confused. Where did it say anything about a 19 or an 18 from the OP?

Chancing you without your DAT score is like trying to get a loan without your credit history. The DAT score determines everything so come back once you have taken it.

Reactions: 1 user