What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spaceball1

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted on here. But I took a year to finish some prerequisites for applying to DPT school. By the end of this semester I should have a 3.5 overall gpa.
Science grades include:
A&P 1 and 2: A, A
BIO 1 and 2: A, A
Physics 1 and 2: A, A
Gen chem 1 and 2(both retaken): A, B

Now, I would have graduated this year but I waited to apply like an idiot until now. So I'll be taking organic and microbio as well during a gap year( after applying in a couple weeks) to show I havent completely removed myself from an academic setting. By the end of this summer I'll have just over 100 hours of PT shadowing in 3 different locations. I'll also have 3 LOR's 2 from PT's one from a physics professor. Plus I've worked part time for 20 hours a week for the past 5 years. Are my chances decent of getting in SOMEPLACE? Because I really do not want to have to take another gal year after this... Any opinions appreciated!
By the way I'll be applying to schools in New York State if that makes any different.

Members don't see this ad.

your stats look good on paper, I don't know how competitive NY state schools are but if they are public with lower tuition I assume its pretty competitive. The only thing that will make or break your application is your LOR's (make sure they are not cookie cutter) your essay, your GRE's and most importantly the interviews. If you do well on all of those you have a great chance of getting in somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
NY schools are very competitive. Gpa is good. It's all about timing, apply to as many schools as you can and apply ASAP. I got in with ~3.3 gpa.

Reactions: 1 user
NY schools are very competitive. Gpa is good. It's all about timing, apply to as many schools as you can and apply ASAP. I got in with ~3.3 gpa.
Did you get into a public or private school?