MD & DO What are my Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ugotmail382

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am halfway through my junior year and I plan to take the MCAT in May 2018. I have a 3.91 cumulative GPA and a 3.86 science GPA. I am going to study really hard for the MCAT but it would be nice to know the range I should be aiming for with my current GPA. Also a question on the MCAT, will I be able to apply on time if I take it in May, since the score comes out mid June? Thank you in advance!

Ethnicity: Southeast Asian

- 1 year of research in Neurology/Alzheimers Disease
- 3 and a half years of Intramural Soccer/Captain for two semesters
- 1 Semester of being a Teaching Assistant for General Chemistry (Should I do a second time before application?)
- Shadowing a Physician for one semester
- Volunteered at the hospital for about 100-150 hours.
- Part of a healthcare club for cancer.

Please let me know anything else I should be looking to update that could help my chances, especially what MCAT score to aim for!
 
Last edited: