What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Morty c137

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got my mcat score back 510 129/123/130/128, I wanted to know my chances specifically to Long School of Medicine San Antonio and McGovern in Houston.

Im URM hispanic, ESL, I have a 3.96 GPA/3.95 sGPA, 150+ hours of shadowing at a teaching hospital, 400 hours of hospital volunteering, 50+ hrs community service at a nature center, 1000++ hrs of research, 2 years of working as a TA for Gen Chemistry + tutor alot of bio classes at my University.

The main thing that has me worried is the CARS score, which is below the 10th percentile score (124) for both SA and McGovern which is stated on MSAR. Wondering if scores accepted deviate to the point where I can be accepted there or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are a Texas resident apply to all the Texas schools and you should receive several interviews. It is not possible to predict for any one school though. Your CARS score will not be an issue since English is not your native language.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are a Texas resident apply to all the Texas schools and you should receive several interviews. It is not possible to predict for any one school though. Your CARS score will not be an issue since English is not your native language.
Thank you!