What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STILLmatic 9096

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
UnderGrad: University of Illinois - Urbana/Champaign
Degree: Interdisciplinary Health Sciences
Cumulative GPA: 3.59 (retook a few courses)
Prereq GPA: ~3.2 (retook a few courses)
GRE: 153Q, 148V, 3.5 AW

Extra-Curriculars: Senior Certified Pharmacy technician for four years, an internship at UIUC's Child Development Laboratory (research based preschool), captain of Men's soccer team at my community college ( I did my first two years of college at a CC), volunteered as a coach for children's soccer camps through my CC, volunteered as a goalkeeping coach for my high school's soccer team, ~40 hours of volunteering in a hospital emergency room, I dont know if I should even include this because I do not know if it will make a difference or not but I worked two summers in college in landscaping ( I would really like opinions on whether I should include on my applications or not)

Observation/Volunteering: ~100 hours total spread across pediatric, general orthopedic, geriatric, neuro, cardiopulmonary, and aquatic.

LoR's: Two from PT directors (different practices), one from my pharmacy manager, and one from my Gen Chem 2 teacher from my CC.

Plan on applying to: George Fox University, Concordia University - St. Paul, Midwestern (Downers Grove), Midwestern (Glendale), Bradley University, Des Moines University, Rosalind Franklin, Stockton University, Angelo State University, and a few others.

All honest feedback will be much appreciated! I am super nervous and I am really determined to get in this time around.

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion you have a great chance of getting in somewhere. While your prereq GPA and GRE scores aren't the highest, all your extracurricular/varied observation hours/and good lor's should more than make up for it. My prereq GPA was actually a bit lower than yours, but I had some good observation hours and extracurriculars to talk about during the interviews. Experience goes a lonnnnng way, schools want students with people skills and experience as much as they want 4.0 bookworms. Best of luck to you this time around!

I would retake the GRE, then your chances will be really good as long as you apply to enough schools

Members don't see this ad :)

Extra-Curriculars: Senior Certified Pharmacy technician for four years, an internship at UIUC's Child Development Laboratory (research based preschool), captain of Men's soccer team at my community college ( I did my first two years of college at a CC), volunteered as a coach for children's soccer camps through my CC, volunteered as a goalkeeping coach for my high school's soccer team, ~40 hours of volunteering in a hospital emergency room, I dont know if I should even include this because I do not know if it will make a difference or not but I worked two summers in college in landscaping ( I would really like opinions on whether I should include on my applications or not)

Observation/Volunteering: ~100 hours total spread across pediatric, general orthopedic, geriatric, neuro, cardiopulmonary, and aquatic.

LoR's: Two from PT directors (different practices), one from my pharmacy manager, and one from my Gen Chem 2 teacher from my CC.

Plan on applying to: George Fox University, Concordia University - St. Paul, Midwestern (Downers Grove), Midwestern (Glendale), Bradley University, Des Moines University, Rosalind Franklin, Stockton University, Angelo State University, and a few others.

All honest feedback will be much appreciated! I am super nervous and I am really determined to get in this time around.

Hi! I was Community Health at UIUC and we have very similar stats; I'm applying to a lot of the same schools. Just wondering what schools you ended up being accepted to?

I read these stats posts all the time, and they all look exactly like yours...except for the landscaping part. That alone is already making you stand out! What about landscaping though? I would say ABSOLUTELY keep it!