What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stacey265

Reaction score
University: University of Evansville
Major: Athletic Training
Overall GPA: 4.0
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 154V, 157M, 4.5W

Observation Hours: 462 total.
1. Outpatient pediatrics - 50
2. Outpatient ortho - 307
3. Secondary school - 20
4. Acute care - 40
5. Wellness/prevention/fitness - 45

Extracurriculars/Volunteer/Employment: athletic training intern at a performing arts drum corps, first responder at a youth basketball camp, academic coach, research assistant, TA for Anatomy/Physiology I & II, TA for Applied Anatomy, life enrichment intern at a nursing home, assistant grader for a learning center, volunteer for Hurricane Harvey Response mission, and 2 clubs at my school. Also I do not know if my athletic training hours can count towards my ECs.

LORs: 1 PT, 1 Professor/Advisor, 1 Instructor/Clinical Preceptor

Schools: Duke, NWU, NYU, Arcadia, University of Maryland Baltimore, VCU, WashU, University of Southern Carolina.

Would love any feedback on my profile for the schools I am applying to. My main concern is my low GRE, ECs, and then of course, the essay. I have some ECs but am not necessarily in a lot of clubs or have done a lot of volunteer work. I am not sure on how that will affect my application so I was wanting some advice. As far as the essay, that is honestly my main concern. I'm not sure what your guys' opinion is on the essay but I feel like it can make or break an application. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You have a solid application. Nail your interviews and you’re good.

Yup.

If you wrote good essays and got good LORs, the only reason you wouldnt get in is if you bomb the interview.
Go practice interviewing, you will be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
It never ceases to amaze me that people think they won't get into anywhere they choose with 4.0s

Reactions: 2 users
It never ceases to amaze me that people think they won't get into anywhere they choose with 4.0s
I think I am worried mostly because my professors warned me that there are still plenty of 4.0s who get rejected. They say PT schools are looking for wholistic students. I’ve got the grades but I don’t know if I have everything else if that makes sense. Having good grades and observation hours I feel like I have sacrificed volunteer work and ECs for it.

Well your volunteer/ECs look pretty solid to me!

My opinion is that GRE/GPA is still a big part of whether or not you get an interview. So like other people said, just do decently on the interview and you're good.

I would recommend considering re-taking any A's you have, and get better A's :)

4.0 doesn't automatically mean you'll get in. Most schools use a mathematical equation to score applicants in order to determine if they will be invited to interview. Grades are just one portion of that equation.

Reactions: 1 user
you should go for 4.5 cum gpa and pre req gpa. You literally can get into any school you apply to with your stats....

Reactions: 2 users
I'm sure you'll get into a program, but my question to you is: why those programs? You're competitive enough to go to a state school that will put you in a lot less debt, unless money is not an issue for you.