What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John Wright

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I am a Canadian and want to apply to US dental school in the upcoming cycle. My cGPA is 3.87 and DAT is 20 AA, BIO 17, CHEM 25, RC 18, PAT 18. I took DAT in Nov 2018 in Canada. Many people who took in Nov 2018 had issues with the scores. I have a lot of volunteer hours at the hospital, shadowing, old age home, community center, church, NGO, I am executive of 2 university clubs, research experience (no publication, just volunteered). Also with my stats, what schools should I aim for? I am thinking of Buffalo, Detroit, Boston, NYU, Nova, Case Western. Can anyone suggest more schools that I can look into?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your GPA is great man, I'd recommend a DAT retake if I were you because of the competitiveness of Canadian applicants applying to US schools. They tend to have 22/23+ that's not saying you can't get in with your DAT but the Bio 17 and RC 18 are lower than the avg accepted DAT scores and you're already facing an uphill battle being Canadian. Just my two cents.