what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted980918

I am applying for fellowship this year and hoping to get some inputs

USMD in a solid mid tier academic residency on the east cost
AOA, Step1 240s, Step2 240s, Step3 220s
No chief year
1 PD letter, 3 cardiology attending letters including 1 research, 1 from fellowship director and 1 from CCU attending
few ACC, SCAI, and HFSA abstracts. 1 review article and a few case reports. 2 original research papers (first and second author) submitted/under review, not sure if it will be out by application time

targeting in CA (home state), NY, NJ, PA and CT programs, specifically cedar sinai, usc, montefiore, mt sinai community track, st luke/roosevelt, NYU, Cornell, Yale, NJMS, RWJ, Stony brook, Northwell, Lenox hill, Jefferson, and Temple. Hoping to do either interventional or general cardiology.

Thanks and good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying for fellowship this year and hoping to get some inputs

USMD in a solid mid tier academic residency on the east cost
AOA, Step1 240s, Step2 240s, Step3 220s
No chief year
1 PD letter, 3 cardiology attending letters including 1 research, 1 from fellowship director and 1 from CCU attending
few ACC, SCAI, and HFSA abstracts. 1 review article and a few case reports. 2 original research papers (first and second author) submitted/under review, not sure if it will be out by application time

targeting in CA (home state), NY, NJ, PA and CT programs, specifically cedar sinai, usc, montefiore, mt sinai community track, st luke/roosevelt, NYU, Cornell, Yale, NJMS, RWJ, Stony brook, Northwell, Lenox hill, Jefferson, and Temple. Hoping to do either interventional or general cardiology.

Thanks and good luck everyone
You have solid credentials. You will get cardiology just be a little broad in applying to programs. I don' know much about CA programs (though planning on applying to EP there - love CA and have family there) so cannot tell you anything about Cedars and USC except Cedars has one of the largest transplant and solid EP programs and good research. If you are referring to Albert Einstein Montefiore you have decent chances there. Mount Sinai community programs including St Lukes should be a good reach for you. NYU, Cornell, Columbia and Yale will be tough but not impossible (depends on if you really shine in interview and have some big name from your program calling on your behalf). Rest of the programs are decently good on your list and you will have good chances there. Remember choose a program where you think you will stay happy and at the same time get a solid training. Good luck!

You have solid credentials. You will get cardiology just be a little broad in applying to programs. I don' know much about CA programs (though planning on applying to EP there - love CA and have family there) so cannot tell you anything about Cedars and USC except Cedars has one of the largest transplant and solid EP programs and good research. If you are referring to Albert Einstein Montefiore you have decent chances there. Mount Sinai community programs including St Lukes should be a good reach for you. NYU, Cornell, Columbia and Yale will be tough but not impossible (depends on if you really shine in interview and have some big name from your program calling on your behalf). Rest of the programs are decently good on your list and you will have good chances there. Remember choose a program where you think you will stay happy and at the same time get a solid training. Good luck!

Appreciate your input.

May I get some input as well?

USDO in mid tier university program
step 1- 228, step 2- 248, step 3- 227
no chief year. 1 year of research after residency (several posters at ACC, 4 original manuscripts, 3 book chapters, 5 review articles)
Geographically restricted to WI, MN, Chicago-land, Michigan, Ohio, Pittsburgh

Which programs should I consider based on my merits? Im looking for a career in non-academic peripheral interventional

Reactions: 1 user