What are my chances

Started by kartikji
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kartikji

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I am a 4th year student and will end up with a Bac in bio, and chem

I have a GPA of 3.65

however i scored 290 on my oat

I have applied to SCO and NOVA

Experience wise i have worked 2 years under an optometrist as a tech and I have shadowed 6 OD's for a total of 30 hrs.

What are my chances of getting in ? or should i retake the OAT and reapply??
 
With a solid interview anything can happen. I would definitely retake the OAT to try for something higher, but a 290 probabaly won't kill you. Most schools look for 300+. The rest of your experience and GPA and double degree should be enough if you have good interviews. The SCO also from what I could tell is more of a GPA school than OAT school.