What are my chances?

Started by Nanoosa7
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nanoosa7

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a low cum. GPA (~3.15) and I was just wondering what you all think my chances of getting into SCCO are? I have not yet taken the OAT so what do you think I would need to score on it to get into SCCO. Also, what else should I be doing to better my chances of getting in? Volunteer, work, etc.?

I just started looking into optometry so any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Nanoosa7 said:
I have a low cum. GPA (~3.15) and I was just wondering what you all think my chances of getting into SCCO are? I have not yet taken the OAT so what do you think I would need to score on it to get into SCCO. Also, what else should I be doing to better my chances of getting in? Volunteer, work, etc.?

I just started looking into optometry so any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
SCCO isnt hard to get into. with your GPA, u might need approximately 350AA OAT score or 340 AA with some volunteers.
 
The key is to always apply early, I learned the hard way, but thankfully I was still fortunate enough to be admitted into some schools because I think I had a fairly strong application in all areas.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anchan said:
The key is to always apply early, I learned the hard way, but thankfully I was still fortunate enough to be admitted into some schools because I think I had a fairly strong application in all areas.

What is considered early?
 
Right when September/October hits

even August if you can, some schools start accepting applications mid-August