What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanoosa7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a low cum. GPA (~3.15) and I was just wondering what you all think my chances of getting into SCCO are? I have not yet taken the OAT so what do you think I would need to score on it to get into SCCO. Also, what else should I be doing to better my chances of getting in? Volunteer, work, etc.?

I just started looking into optometry so any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nanoosa7 said:
I have a low cum. GPA (~3.15) and I was just wondering what you all think my chances of getting into SCCO are? I have not yet taken the OAT so what do you think I would need to score on it to get into SCCO. Also, what else should I be doing to better my chances of getting in? Volunteer, work, etc.?

I just started looking into optometry so any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
SCCO isnt hard to get into. with your GPA, u might need approximately 350AA OAT score or 340 AA with some volunteers.

The key is to always apply early, I learned the hard way, but thankfully I was still fortunate enough to be admitted into some schools because I think I had a fairly strong application in all areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
anchan said:
The key is to always apply early, I learned the hard way, but thankfully I was still fortunate enough to be admitted into some schools because I think I had a fairly strong application in all areas.

What is considered early?

Right when September/October hits

even August if you can, some schools start accepting applications mid-August