What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USCbiograd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, im new to this forum and was wondering if you all would be willing to give me your opinion. I have listed my DAT scores and GPA below. Do I have a chance of getting accepted to an in-state Dental School?

PA 18
Quantatative Reasoning 18
Reading Comp. 20
Biology 20
Gen. Chem 23
Org. Chem 21
Total Science 21
AA 20

Overall GPA: 3.6 Science GPA: 3.6

Members don't see this ad.

yes, you will probably get in as long as you have a decent personal statement, a few ECs, and can communicate somewhat effectively during your interview. don't worry but apply early

I don't think u'll ever have a problem getting into a dental schools, your gpa is great and so are your dat scores

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be able to, what Instate school are you looking at?

Two pieces of helpful advice:

1) check predents.com. You will probably spend an hour or so seeing where your stats are comparable.

2) Search function. I know that you dont mean it, but threads like these are lightning rods for old timers to get on the noobs (no offence).

Good luck.

Two pieces of helpful advice:

1) check predents.com. You will probably spend an hour or so seeing where your stats are comparable.

2) Search function. I know that you dont mean it, but threads like these are lightning rods for old timers to get on the noobs (no offence).

Good luck.

if posts like this aren't made, then there'll be nothing for the "noobs" to search for using the search function. remember, you were new to this whole thing too, you know...

uscbiograd...you should be good to go, but like everyone else has suggested here, apply early. good luck!

Yeah, I know. I didnt intend it to be offensive (not too offensive anyways) but just as some helpful advice to avoid any future trauma.

if posts like this aren't made, then there'll be nothing for the "noobs" to search for using the search function. remember, you were new to this whole thing too, you know...

QUOTE]

You should be able to, what Instate school are you looking at?

I am hoping to be accepted to the Medical University of South Carolina.
Thank you all for your input, it is greatly appreciated.