Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What are my chances???

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Chances, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Chances

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Hello,

I'm here because I have one question that has been nagging at me for a while. So here I go:

Besides the fact that I didnt major in science during my undergrad (Illustration major), which seems to be a bonus factor for admissions to med school, my major gpa is a 2.65 my cum gpa is 2.71 and for the two science courses I took the gpa is 3.2. I minored in Psych, with a minor gpa of 3.5.

I'm currently engaged in gaining admissions to a post-bacc pre health studies certification program to raise my gpa, especially my science gpa, if it can.

I guess my question is, do you think I would be able to gain admisions into medical school, if I excel in the post-bacc program, and get a great school on the MCATs??

Thank you in advance for you time.

Chances, :cool:
    from the underrreprensented population

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I pretty much agree with the opinions you've gotten in the Non-Trad and Pre-Osteo forums where you posted the same question. With determination to excel, time, and enough money, you can raise your undergrad GPA enough (by taking more undergrad classes at any university) to qualify for a formal post-bacc program (where GPA cut offs apply). If you perform outstandingly in that program, get a high MCAT score, and have all the usual other requirements, you have a chance at med school admission.