What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rosepetals88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I just got back my MCAT score yesterday and I'm pretty disappointed. I got a 27R (8PS-8VR-11BS). I was expecting to get about a 30 because I was scoring 30-32 on my practice tests consistently. My application is already verified and I have all but one LOR received and had my application sent to a few schools before I got my scores back. Now I'm just confused as to where I should apply. I'm planning on applying to most of my state schools but if possible, I would really like to apply to some out of state - I'm just not sure which schools would be best for my numbers. I plan on applying to some DO schools but I really want MD.

cGpa 3.98
sGpa 3.97

-Research (Jan 09-present), writing honors thesis based on my research
-ER volunteering (100 hrs) - still in progress
-Nursing unit volunteer (June 09-present)
-Shadowed family physician (50 hrs +LOR) and dermatologist (10hrs)
-several volunteering experiences in the community with children and the elderly (~150 hrs)
-instructor for freshman orientation class
-member of a few clubs on campus
-numerous awards and scholarships, member of honors college
-I'm not fluent in spanish, but I put on my application that I can converse/write in spanish and that I am taking a lot of spanish classes this school year in an attempt to become fluent

The LOR's that people have let me see have been great...but can anyone give me a little guidance as to what I should do and where I should apply?
 
Last edited: