What are people doing during the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fumoffu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious what people's plans are for the summer before you matriculate at med school.

Members don't see this ad.

Spending some time trapsing around Europe with my college buddies, followed by some time back home, then moving to Los Angeles a little early to get settled before med school.

Visiting my grandmother and some extended family in Germany with my mom (haven't seen my grandmother and uncle, cousins in 12 years!!!) in late May. My b/f takes his step I in mid-June, so we're spending the last two weeks of June in Belize (sooo excited!!!!!). Then i'm spending all of july working as a bio TA at my school.... and then off to med school somewhere!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting married in June!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Going to San Diego to see my old roomie graduate. Then its off Europe for a month (Ireland, London, Paris, French Rivera, and Italy) and then back to San Diego to be a bridesmaid!

First, I'm going on a trip to Italy. I'm very excited since it will be my first trip outside the US. Then, I will spend the rest of the summer relaxing and spending time on my hobbies.:)

Originally posted by ventulus18
cultivating the relationship that i have with the mailman.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My parents stalk mine for me :D

visiting friends in tokyo for 2 weeks, the g/f in seoul for 2 more, then meeting her parents in jakarta for a few days before going to BALI!!!!

Hanging out in China w/ my gf for a few weeks, then coming back and finding a way to ship all my stuff from Arizona to the east coast!

working (see the credit card debt thread :) ) and pestering usc to let me in......

but not forgetting to stop and smell the roses (or jasmine, since that's what's outside...and it smells sooooo good!).........

I will be working until September 1st guaranteed. 8 weeks of summer income translates into almost 8,000 dollars for me (pretax).

With frequent SDN breaks i'm sure.

No use in stopping now, gotta keep in mental shape! Can't stop, won't stop...

Members don't see this ad :)
TRAVEL and RELAX I hope! :D

Go home for a month and waitress.
Research internship for 2 months.
Travel around Europe for 2 weeks.

A pretty good summer overall. :D

What do you guys think about booking a trip to Europe in the month of July when you are still waiting for a waitlist position right now? My worst nightmare would be I am still waitlisted in July and for some reason my presence was essential for getting in at the last hour. On the one hand, insuring I go to med school next year is my biggest priority. But, on the other hand, I want to be able to enjoy my summer with my friends for the last time.

Is being out of the country for a waitlister a bad idea?

Originally posted by *hopefully*
What do you guys think about booking a trip to Europe in the month of July when you are still waiting for a waitlist position right now? My worst nightmare would be I am still waitlisted in July and for some reason my presence was essential for getting in at the last hour. On the one hand, insuring I go to med school next year is my biggest priority. But, on the other hand, I want to be able to enjoy my summer with my friends for the last time.

Is being out of the country for a waitlister a bad idea?

I'd go. Just make sure you're quickly reachable, and that someone you trust is authorized to act on it for you.

Oh yeah, and as for the original topic...I plan to spend a lot of time at the hot springs relaxing this summer. :D

Am I the only poor person in SDN? Unfortunately, I will not be traipsing around Europe or relaxing on a beach. I will be in a lab somewhere working my butt off, running Western's and Elisa's and getting yelled at.

Working my arse of to make it to financial aid distribution in August. Now that I am graduating, my sugar mommas at the financial aid office are cutting me off.

Originally posted by Tiki
Am I the only poor person in SDN? Unfortunately, I will not be traipsing around Europe or relaxing on a beach. I will be in a lab somewhere working my butt off, running Western's and Elisa's and getting yelled at.

Hey, I'm poor too, but I'm still going to Europe b/c my internship pays well, and I'm supplementing it with the waitressing gig.

Originally posted by kingcer0x
I will be working until September 1st guaranteed. 8 weeks of summer income translates into almost 8,000 dollars for me (pretax).

With frequent SDN breaks i'm sure.

No use in stopping now, gotta keep in mental shape! Can't stop, won't stop...

Would you mind telling us what type of job you have?