What are people doing during the summer?

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Visiting my grandmother and some extended family in Germany with my mom (haven't seen my grandmother and uncle, cousins in 12 years!!!) in late May. My b/f takes his step I in mid-June, so we're spending the last two weeks of June in Belize (sooo excited!!!!!). Then i'm spending all of july working as a bio TA at my school.... and then off to med school somewhere!!

About the Ads

kingcer0x

Re-Member
    10+ Year Member
    Air Force
    15+ Year Member
    Jun 10, 2003
    USA
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I will be working until September 1st guaranteed. 8 weeks of summer income translates into almost 8,000 dollars for me (pretax).

With frequent SDN breaks i'm sure.

No use in stopping now, gotta keep in mental shape! Can't stop, won't stop...

About the Ads

*hopefully*

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      May 27, 2002
        What do you guys think about booking a trip to Europe in the month of July when you are still waiting for a waitlist position right now? My worst nightmare would be I am still waitlisted in July and for some reason my presence was essential for getting in at the last hour. On the one hand, insuring I go to med school next year is my biggest priority. But, on the other hand, I want to be able to enjoy my summer with my friends for the last time.

Is being out of the country for a waitlister a bad idea?

snapdad

Rock and Roll Doctor
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Oct 31, 2003
        1. Non-Student
          Originally posted by *hopefully*
          What do you guys think about booking a trip to Europe in the month of July when you are still waiting for a waitlist position right now? My worst nightmare would be I am still waitlisted in July and for some reason my presence was essential for getting in at the last hour. On the one hand, insuring I go to med school next year is my biggest priority. But, on the other hand, I want to be able to enjoy my summer with my friends for the last time.

Is being out of the country for a waitlister a bad idea?

I'd go. Just make sure you're quickly reachable, and that someone you trust is authorized to act on it for you.

Tiki

Girl named after a Giant
          15+ Year Member
          Jan 6, 2004
          East Coast
          1. Attending Physician
            Am I the only poor person in SDN? Unfortunately, I will not be traipsing around Europe or relaxing on a beach. I will be in a lab somewhere working my butt off, running Western's and Elisa's and getting yelled at.

Thundrstorm

10+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Sep 26, 2002
            1. Medical Student
              Originally posted by Tiki
              Am I the only poor person in SDN? Unfortunately, I will not be traipsing around Europe or relaxing on a beach. I will be in a lab somewhere working my butt off, running Western's and Elisa's and getting yelled at.

Hey, I'm poor too, but I'm still going to Europe b/c my internship pays well, and I'm supplementing it with the waitressing gig.

premedi-kid

7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Apr 12, 2001
              Syracuse NY
                Originally posted by kingcer0x
                I will be working until September 1st guaranteed. 8 weeks of summer income translates into almost 8,000 dollars for me (pretax).

With frequent SDN breaks i'm sure.

No use in stopping now, gotta keep in mental shape! Can't stop, won't stop...

Would you mind telling us what type of job you have?

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.