What are private practice workrooms like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoPelicans

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The workroom at my school academic hospital was poppin', **** was real tight. Was like a party atmosphere with music and stuff.

I heard private practice workrooms are like 1-2 people who barely have time to talk to each other. Is this true? I like radiology but I'm also a bit of a people person and just wonder how socially isolated I will be if do this specialty.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think it varies.

At one hospital where I rotated, they have one large darkroom where 6 radiologists do their reading. Each has a cubical. There was a lot of socialization going on on daily basis. It was fun and that's how I envisioned my future workplace.

At another hospital, it was a totally different experience. Each radiologist has a small office and there was very little interaction between them.

They are quite varied. Hospital reading rooms tend to have a communal atmosphere, nice furniture, and some element of comaraderie. Do you want to make some big imaging center $$$ ? Be prepared to work alone in a small room in a strip mall somewhere.