What are private practice workrooms like?

Started by GoPelicans
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GoPelicans

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The workroom at my school academic hospital was poppin', **** was real tight. Was like a party atmosphere with music and stuff.

I heard private practice workrooms are like 1-2 people who barely have time to talk to each other. Is this true? I like radiology but I'm also a bit of a people person and just wonder how socially isolated I will be if do this specialty.
 
Last edited:
I think it varies.

At one hospital where I rotated, they have one large darkroom where 6 radiologists do their reading. Each has a cubical. There was a lot of socialization going on on daily basis. It was fun and that's how I envisioned my future workplace.

At another hospital, it was a totally different experience. Each radiologist has a small office and there was very little interaction between them.
 
They are quite varied. Hospital reading rooms tend to have a communal atmosphere, nice furniture, and some element of comaraderie. Do you want to make some big imaging center $$$ ? Be prepared to work alone in a small room in a strip mall somewhere.