What are schools known for?

Started by thelarson
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure, but I think I have heard that students coming out of Ross have really good surgical skills due to the terminal surgeries they work on.
 
I'm a pre-vet student and I'm starting to consider what schools I might want to apply to. I am interested in pretty much all small animals. I know that cats and dogs you study everywhere, but I am also interested in pocket pets, birds, and maybe some reptiles.
 
Id imagine then you'd want to look for schools with decent 'exotics' programs.

I believe Kansas, UFl, and Tenn (?) are all known for having good programs for exotics.

I think I just heard that UPenn has discontinued their exotics program.