What are some good apps to study the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedMich

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an IPad and I see a lot of MCAT prep apps available and some for need to be paid for. What are some good apps that I can use while waiting for class to start or before going to bed on my IPad?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anki, Khan Academy, MCAT Question of the Day, MCAT 2015 Mastery are a few. Also, endorsing the advice above. Don't study where you sleep. Let the bedroom be reserved for activities and sleeping only. Lot's of science behind that.

Cheers,

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely don't study in bed! Honestly, I wouldn't even study ON your bed or in your bedroom, if you can avoid it.

I recommend Anki. I didn't get the app, I used it in my browser and I installed it on my tablet. Saved myself some $ and still was able to use it every day. Check out the premed95 deck for P/S and make your own decks for other topics. Make a card for every topic you screw up on practice tests or things you continuously get wrong.

UWorld isn't an app, per say, but it's amazing.

Didn't know that! Sounds like it's worth the $. UWorld was the best resource I used to study.

Back in my day (ouch, I can feel my knees calcifying as I type this) Uworld didn't have MCAT materials. It's such a huge win and I encourage anyone to try them out. My med School academic advisor summed it up pretty well by saying that UWorld is closer to a comprehensive learning system than a standard question bank. They are the absolute gold standard for Step 1, 2, and 3 (besides CCS, which is not relevant for the moment) so I'm glad people are hopping on the train early.

Med School Tutors

I found printed materials to be pretty helpful. You can use them anywhere, don't need an outlet, don't need wifi, and they don't expire.

Back in my day (ouch, I can feel my knees calcifying as I type this) Uworld didn't have MCAT materials. It's such a huge win and I encourage anyone to try them out. My med School academic advisor summed it up pretty well by saying that UWorld is closer to a comprehensive learning system than a standard question bank. They are the absolute gold standard for Step 1, 2, and 3 (besides CCS, which is not relevant for the moment) so I'm glad people are hopping on the train early.

Med School Tutors

Yeah for sure. UWorld is definitely awesome and valuable for Step prep so it's great UWorld MCAT is now an option (and thus a great warmup for med school!)