What are the advantages of applying on the first day of submission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theclimb

Reaction score
Hi all! So my pre-dental advisor told me early on that I should aim to submit my application on the first day we're allowed to. I understand that it's a rolling admissions process, but is there really any difference between submitting on the very first day vs. 1-2 weeks later?

Members don't see this ad.

No difference really if submitted the first month. Most schools don’t start reviewing until July at the earliest. With COVID, I’d imagine the cycle will probably be slower while schools figure out how to discuss applicants and handle interviews so there’s even less of a reason to submit immediately. The reason why you want to submit sooner then later is for AADSAS to process your transcripts and that takes about 1-2 weeks. If there are issues, it’ll be kicked back to you for changes and then you need to wait again.

Reactions: 2 users
Last cycle I didn’t take my DAT until August 14th so my scores weren’t verified until August 28th and I still received 5 interview invites and 3 acceptances. I valued having the extra time to prepare for the DAT over submitting right away which worked out well for me. So if you think submitting later will boost your application definitely submit later but if you’re ready just get it in ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aim for sometime in June. In my opinion latest submit for the best results should be by July 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
Last cycle I didn’t take my DAT until August 14th so my scores weren’t verified until August 28th and I still received 5 interview invites and 3 acceptances. I valued having the extra time to prepare for the DAT over submitting right away which worked out well for me. So if you think submitting later will boost your application definitely submit later but if you’re ready just get it in ASAP.
That's awesome, congrats! I took my DAT this past September so I'm glad I have that out of the way. I'm just a bit nervous for my personal statememnt so I wanted some more extra time to work on it.