what are the chances for me

Started by Frankck
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Frankck

Auzi
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am a IMG finishing prelim(neuro) year this month, step1 257, step2 CK 242, CS 1st pass, step3 passed, no publication so far. plan to shadow and write a case report with radiologists in my current hospital. Hopefully I will get one letter from DR, maybe one more from nuclear medicine, I have letters from IM/neuro, too.
What are the chances for me to match into a advanced radiology program or R position( prefer) ? I don't care about locations, but I need visa.

If I match a categorical program, do I have to repeat the prelim year?

Any input is welcome.

Thanks!
 
I think you may be backwards there, most radiology spots are advanced spots.
Ah, thanks. The point is, it's difficult to match directly into a program that lets you start as an R1 without doing a prelim year first.