What are the chances of an interview at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lonewolf99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you haven't heard anything from a school by now (and have been complete for a while) what do you think the chances are of still getting an interview invitation? I'm thinking almost nil. And if you do get an interview at this point what do you think the chances of an acceptance?

Don't mean to be a downer. I'm just mentally preparing myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on your stats and why they haven't interviewed you yet.

I'd say theres still a chance but you should probably start preparing in case you need to reapply. Or if this is just your number one choice and you're in somewhere else you should start mentally preparing yourself to go there.

But don't give up hope - late interviews and late acceptances happen. Just don't get your hopes up too much. Assume it won't happen and when it does it will just be a really pleasant surprise.

Incredibly slim. If you're in somewhere and hoping for somewhere else, prepare for the accepted place. If you haven't been accepted yet, prepare the application for round 2. Unfortunately, the majority of letters going out now are rejections. I wish it was different, for your sake and mine.

BUUUT, it could happen...

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's definately possible to get an interview invite right now, but it will most likely be for a waitlist spot.

is howard still interviewing?

I'm not sure, I was just saying that in general April interviews are for waitlist spots. Check the "I got an interview invite in April" or the "Wait did you receive today?" threads for specific schools.

In my personal opinion, I highly doubt you would get an interview invitation at this time. I could only see a school offering more interviews if their matriculants on May 15 was below their target, which I doubt happens much.

I guess it depends on the school, but I just got an interview today from Drexel :confused: .