New LOR at this point in the cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biscuit28

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So my PI offered to write me a LOR a few days ago. I originally didn’t ask him for one because I met the letter requirements with other professors/doctors and I didn’t feel too strongly about asking this PI. He’s super nice and great it’s just the nature of my work didn’t require much interface with him so I figured it might not be a super strong letter. However, since then, my work has ramped up and we’ve developed a stronger professional relationship.

So my question is: Should I accept the letter? I’m on the WL/deferred list for a handful of schools I would really like to attend so would it help? Or not move the needle? Anyone done something similar and gotten WL movement or have insight into how admissions views this? My feeling is it can’t hurt but just want some perspectives.

Thanks y’all!

Members don't see this ad.

All letters must be sent through AMCAS, and the window for that closed long ago. The only exceptions are a handful of schools that do not participate in the AMCAS Letters Service.

While your PI's heart is in the right place, at best this will be ineffective. At worst it may seem like you are trying to circumvent the rules, which could negatively impact your candidacy.

All letters must be sent through AMCAS, and the window for that closed long ago. The only exceptions are a handful of schools that do not participate in the AMCAS Letters Service.

While your PI's heart is in the right place, at best this will be ineffective. At worst it may seem like you are trying to circumvent the rules, which could negatively impact your candidacy.
Understood. No letter then 🤣 Thank you!!