What are the chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skeptic

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some guidance. So I feel, as a current MS3, that I have no idea of how competitive "competitive" really is. I also don't know what it takes to get into the top notch programs for the fields that everyone considers to be the most competitive. I know those in my class who are gunning for optho, ortho, and derm, but I'm not that aware of the radiology group, and have gained interest over the past couple of years in the field. I was hoping I could dish out my stats, with the hopes of knowing where I might have a chance of going...thanks for the help. Step 1 245, Publications: 1 co-author, 2 first author, 1 first author pending (no research specific to physics or radiology), med school: top 15, grades: school is pass/fail. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

It is competitive. Similar to Ortho, derm, plastics, neurosurg. With high scores and a good med school you will probably get in. As long as you look normal at the interview.