what are the current issues in pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshine9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, i have my interview coming up soon..and there is a big question i dont know about..what are the current issues in pharmacy? i havent been keeping up with the news so i dont really know whats going. please help me thankss:)

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone, i have my interview coming up soon..and there is a big question i dont know about..what are the current issues in pharmacy? i havent been keeping up with the news so i dont really know whats going. please help me thankss:)

Tisk, tisk. I recommend looking at some news and pharmacy sites. Hehe.

Here's one issue, politically driven acceptance letters. That's probably something you won't find on the AACP site.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's one issue, politically driven acceptance letters. That's probably something you won't find on the AACP site.

What do you mean by that? Elaborate please I'm interested why you think that.

Legacy programs, people who know people, parents that are medical professionals who have influence at schools, 0-6 programs that put students in pharm. schools that really shouldn't be attending, need I say more?

Some issues you might want to take a look at are Mifipristone (the morning after pill), pharmacists prescribing, rising prescription costs, a centralized patient medical database, or look into recent advances in drugs such as sunitib used to increase kidney cancer remission.