What are the dates of the COMLEX and USMLE exams?

Started by crtfour2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crtfour2

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am a first year student at an osteopathic school. I know that the COMLEX level 1 is given at the end of the second year of school. Is the USMLE given at the same time? Also, when are the COMLEX levels two and three given? If I took the USMLE as well, would I take them at about the same time? I know that this is stuff that I should know by now, but unfortunately I don't. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
 
The USMLE is now given via computer and you can arrange to take it just about any time now. This should make it easy for you to take both exams with little trouble. It also makes it relatively easy to take step II early in your 4th year if you wish to get it out of the way, with the possible consequence of scoring poorly and having to explain it in your residency interviews.