What are the differences in licensure's requirements and ease to obtain?

Started by NJCU05
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NJCU05

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to know in details the differences in licensure's requirements, ease to obtain, license duration, and prospective renewal policies between SABA medical graduates and US medical graduates.

Thanks in advance
 
NJCU05 said:
I would like to know in details the differences in licensure's requirements, ease to obtain, license duration, and prospective renewal policies between SABA medical graduates and US medical graduates.

Thanks in advance


They are exactly the same.
 
Thanks for your answer. However I would like to clarify more.
1. Are you saying that a SABA graduate and a US medical school graduate, both would obtain the New Jersey license for medical practice equally in ease even though SABA is not recognized by the State of New Jersey?
2. Can you provide me with some information about licensure such as the average duration and specific common requirments for first time license and renewals?

I appreciate your help.
 
NJCU05 said:
Thanks for your answer. However I would like to clarify more.
1. Are you saying that a SABA graduate and a US medical school graduate, both would obtain the New Jersey license for medical practice equally in ease even though SABA is not recognized by the State of New Jersey?
2. Can you provide me with some information about licensure such as the average duration and specific common requirments for first time license and renewals?

I appreciate your help.

1). Saba is recognized in all 50 states.

2). For american citizen: USMLE step 1,2 plus EFMG certificate, personal interview, payment of fees.
http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/1555.html