What are the good english-speaking European med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmdoc007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering, can anyone give me suggestions as to med schools in Europe (eastern, western, doesn't really make a difference) where the programs are taught in English (or French) even if the country speaks a different language? I haven't really found any except for a few schools in Poland. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions and any other comments relating to the school(s). Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I was wondering, can anyone give me suggestions as to med schools in Europe (eastern, western, doesn't really make a difference) where the programs are taught in English (or French) even if the country speaks a different language? I haven't really found any except for a few schools in Poland. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions and any other comments relating to the school(s). Thank you.

The main question you should be asking yourself is: do I want to work in any country which is or will be in the EU? Because if the answer is yes, you are restricted to med schools recognised for the purposes of practising in the EU. If you are happy not being able to practice in the EU, you have wider options.

To find individual schools, trying googling in English for med schools in each country you are looking at.

Members don't see this ad :)
@shopsteward: Yes I would like the option to be able to work in any country which is or will be in the country. How big is this restriction? Do they have a list somewhere like the California medical board approved school list?

If you google with the search words "California med school approval" the relevant page drops.