What are the least likely times to have an IM interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooljoe

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know most Internal Medicine interviews are Oct- Jan, but if we are trying to schedule the rest of the MS4 year in advance (e.g. travel, events), are there any times we would be able to safely block away?

Also, how much advance is typically given before scheduling an interview?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

By December/January as people cancel interviews you may be invited with less notice than before.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was curious about this as well. My step 1 score was very mediocre (209). My step 2 score is pending however should be high based on my NBME's days before taking it. Would it be extremely foolish of me to wait until the 3rd/ last week of Sept to submit that way my step 2 score is visible to the program?

I was curious about this as well. My step 1 score was very mediocre (209). My step 2 score is pending however should be high based on my NBME's days before taking it. Would it be extremely foolish of me to wait until the 3rd/ last week of Sept to submit that way my step 2 score is visible to the program?

Should be fine to submit later. I don't think it hurts you. I submitted way late and got more interviews than I could go on.