What are the major differences between state undergrads and private undergrads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Major difference between a state school and a SMALL private undergrad:

Go to a school small enough and there is no "Gunner" culture. My undergrad is half the size of my high school so there are really only 15 serious PreMeds in each year. As a result, everyone looks out for each other and works as a support system.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to a small school enough where everyone is a gunner. Survival of the fittest.

UCLA, Cal, Michigan, North Carolina, and Virginia are all publics that rival any private school in the country.

I don't think Cal state, UNC, or UVA are are anywhere near as highly regarded as UCLA or UCB. UNC is also a highly conserved school, literally 95% of its students are from NC. UVA is probably close to UCLA. and Cal state is low tier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think Cal state, UNC, or UVA are are anywhere near as highly regarded as UCLA or UCB. UNC is also a highly conserved school, literally 95% of its students are from NC. UVA is probably close to UCLA. and Cal state is low tier.

Is this really happening? We seriously need to stop trying to judge and rank other schools. This type of conversation is meaningless and promotes an asinine environment.

Is this really happening? We seriously need to stop trying to judge and rank other schools. This type of conversation is meaningless and promotes an asinine environment.

Welcome to SDN :p

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile