What are the years like in DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

What do you do the first 2 years, and the last 2 years of DO school??? Also in DO school do you do a tour of all the specialties in the last 2 years of DO school??? I though DO's could not obtain competitive residencies like anesthesia, so what would the point of touring it be???

Members don't see this ad.

Oh dear. DO's can be anesthesiologists...

No point in touring, they can't get competitive residencies. First two years? You pretty much get half naked and massage your classmates, last two years you get to go out and practice your massage techniques in the community. After that you try really hard to get an AOA massage residency at one of those super secret massage parlors (if you're lucky).

If there wasn't enough sarcasm in the above statement, I became reserved because there will be much worse flaming than that given what you asked. Please do some research on stuff before you ask these types of questions, or re-read your question before you post to see if it sounds ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anesthesia is not a competitive residency. Furthermore as a DO you'll have no problem getting into it or almost every residency in the ACGME match. And yes, DO's clinical education is the same as MD's they do rotations and then residency, in either the AOA match ( only for DO's and contains plenty of competitive residencies) or the ACGME match.

What do you do the first 2 years, and the last 2 years of DO school??? Also in DO school do you do a tour of all the specialties in the last 2 years of DO school??? I though DO's could not obtain competitive residencies like anesthesia, so what would the point of touring it be???
:troll:

:beat::smack:

Better questions: what is the search box like on your computer screen and have you located it yet?

Take 2 seconds and look at the website of ANY D.O. school and this will be easy to find.
The first 2 years are classroom learning and OMM with a few other courses scattered in. Then the final 2 years are rotations. Most D.O. will go on to become massage therapists as we don't qualify for any residencies.

Hi, welcome to SDN.

f53ygm.png

Regards,
Nicole

DO is just a bunch of witch craft and massage techniques combined, I wouldn't bother applying if I were you, just stick to getting a real degree ----> MD.
:smuggrin:

The point of touring the specialties is to have fun:
802821154_283222be82.jpg

Reading is also fun:

706search_dummy.jpg

802821154_283222be82.jpg

Oh man, I've been wanting to tour the specialties for a while now...I hear they are gorgeous this time of year.

Oh man, I've been wanting to tour the specialties for a while now...I hear they are gorgeous this time of year.

Very gorgeous, and I'm about to start touring in just a couple of weeks! It will give me a nice taste of everything I cannot do in life when I get my DO degree. I hear at my site, however, I get to spend much more time working with the janitors during fourth year since they will be my boss after I graduate. :smuggrin:

802821154_283222be82.jpg

Reading is also fun:

706search_dummy.jpg

Oh, how I loved this post. Nice!!

Very gorgeous, and I'm about to start touring in just a couple of weeks! It will give me a nice taste of everything I cannot do in life when I get my DO degree. I hear at my site, however, I get to spend much more time working with the janitors during fourth year since they will be my boss after I graduate. :smuggrin:

:laugh: Nice reductio ad absurdum. I love it!

SDN has needed this for a long time.

Yes, yes it has... There have been some really good one liners recently. My favorites are HalfListic's "I think his google is broken", Nicole's beautiful screenshot, and now the Search Button for Dummies pic by Costales. These will, from this day forward, be sacred treasures of SDN.