What are these symbols on the bottom of my profile?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Masonator

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What the hell are the symbols under everyone's profile name. There is a scale, and a sign, and something else. What is up with the karma color. Most people are green and some people are blue. I wish I could figure this out, but if I were that smart I would've picked a career other then medicine. :scared: :horns:

Members don't see this ad.

the left most dot/bubble thing indicates whether you are currently logged in (green when online, blue/grey when not). The scale is the button others use to access the darn karma window. The exclamation point is the link to report a bad post. The blue/grey karma box indicates that you are actually on the negative side of the karma scale. More green karma boxes = most positive karma. That said, I've talked enough about a subject I dislike (the whole karma thing).

Oh, and other people have more symbols -- the little instant messenger man below mine indicates that my profile is linked to my IM username.

How come some people don't have the explanation point?

The exclamation point isn't on your own post, since you're not likely to turn yourself in for a bad post.

freelancewriter said:
The exclamation point isn't on your own post, since you're not likely to turn yourself in for a bad post.

Sometimes my posts are so bad that I should turn myself in.