What are you doing before you start med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SavoirFaire

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who are accepted for the class of 2016 (starting in Fall 2012), what are you doing between now and then?

Other than working as a pharmacy technician, I'm not really doing anything too productive.

Are you having as much fun as you can or are you still busy with school and medically related activities? I was thinking about picking up an anatomy book and going through it some. I have heard that anatomy is one of the most challenging going in.
 
I've got an anatomy background... so no book for me.

But I work currently in a hospital... 40 some hours a week.

I go out with friends. I eat fried food. I drink PBR/Guinness.

I'm also going to Europe for like 4 months starting at the end of April, going to stay with my friends in Europe, and family too. Live up the dream. Get a sick tan, find a trophy wife... and call it a year.

(semi-joking about the trophy wife thing...) :meanie:
 
I've got an anatomy background... so no book for me.

But I work currently in a hospital... 40 some hours a week.

I go out with friends. I eat fried food. I drink PBR/Guinness.

I'm also going to Europe for like 4 months starting at the end of April, going to stay with my friends in Europe, and family too. Live up the dream. Get a sick tan, find a trophy wife... and call it a year.

(semi-joking about the trophy wife thing...) :meanie:

That's the life!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to play the hell out of Diablo 3 when it comes out first quarter of 2012.

Hopefully it will be all out of my system when school starts.

and the usual: day time job, super hero by night.
 
For those who are accepted for the class of 2016 (starting in Fall 2012), what are you doing between now and then?

Other than working as a pharmacy technician, I'm not really doing anything too productive.

Are you having as much fun as you can or are you still busy with school and medically related activities? I was thinking about picking up an anatomy book and going through it some. I have heard that anatomy is one of the most challenging going in.


Working 70+ hours a week.

Will sit at a biochemistry II and anatomy class in the Spring.

Two month trip in Europe starting in May :soexcited:
 
Hi,
Is There any one graduate from 6 year English MD program in poznan university. May I know how is that university and is it difficult to come back your own country to practice especially US or Canada?

Thanks
 
Hi,
Is There any one graduate from 6 year English MD program in poznan university. May I know how is that university and is it difficult to come back your own country to practice especially US or Canada?

Thanks


👍
 
30-hr/week job doing mostly research
3hr/week volunteering, which I'll probably quit very soon
coaching 3-5th grade girls running (ends mid november)
taking biochem at state U
Catching up on TV, books, etc.

TWO WEEK TRIP TO CHINA IN APRIL!!!! 😀 😀 😀
 
I work a standard 40 hr week job. Volunteer about 5 hrs week additionally, and spend the rest of my time eating, sleeping and running.

I'm also going to Europe for like 4 months starting at the end of April, going to stay with my friends in Europe, and family too. Live up the dream. Get a sick tan, find a trophy wife... and call it a year.

(semi-joking about the trophy wife thing...) :meanie:

I'm down, if you're going to be there in July!

1. Steak tartare
2. Crazy Horse
3. Absinthe

:laugh:

Two month trip in Europe starting in May :soexcited:

+4. SDN MD's C/O 2016 meetup in Europe? la fee vert in paris = absinthe bar....

[Ignoring the tiny bit of already holding an acceptance...]

Tentative 2012 schedule:
Snowboard.
Sell some land that I own. Collect teh monies.
Perish in 2012 apocalypse.

I LOVE SNOWBOARDING. Also, I want to own land to sell for monies for med school. lol at perishing.

guys....if the apocalypse doesn't get us, anatomy will. 😉 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll work and volunteer. Also, I am going to try and get back into the shape I was in pre-mcat and pre-applying. Lastly, I want to try and learn an instrument 😎.

I am going to play the hell out of Diablo 3 when it comes out first quarter of 2012.

Hopefully it will be all out of my system when school starts.

and the usual: day time job, super hero by night.

I have been thinking the same thing for a really long time! Haha.
 
I'll work and volunteer. Also, I am going to try and get back into the shape I was in pre-mcat and pre-applying. Lastly, I want to try and learn an instrument 😎



😱 Me too! Learning the piano and slowly getting back to my everyday running regime 😳



+4. SDN MD's C/O 2016 meetup in Europe? la fee vert in paris = absinthe bar....


Yes, lets! Viva la France! 😀
 
I also wanted brush up on French/spanish... maybe I should go to Europe with yall 😀
 
[Ignoring the tiny bit of already holding an acceptance...]

Remains of 2011 schedule:
Survive biochem without killing GPA.
Complete second round of manuscript revision and resubmit (if needed).
Write-up new manuscript for separate project and submit.

Tentative 2012 schedule:
Snowboard.
Inevitably revise and resubmit paper from 2011.
Start and finish at least one more project before leaving for medschool.
Snowboard.
Teach.
Attend "second-looks".
Snowboard.
Get back into piano.
Snowboard.
Dust off the old 360. Catch up on past 3 years of missed-releases.
Sell some land that I own. Collect teh monies.
Beach.
Move.
Enjoy first semester at a P/F med school.
Perish in 2012 apocalypse.

HAHA. This, is gold.
 
😱 Me too! Learning the piano and slowly getting back to my everyday running regime 😳






Yes, lets! Viva la France! 😀

Haha, really? I thought I was unique with my instrument idea 😛. To add to it, I was leaning towards the piano as well!
 
I will teach you 😀

Haha, really? I thought I was unique with my instrument idea 😛. To add to it, I was leaning towards the piano as well!

oooooh lesson bartering! i'll trade you piano for snowboarding goofy db.

stevie...i'll teach you piano if you give me food. <3

2ag58no.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd be so down to travel with you all to France! I know French and have been to a bunch of different parts of the country before (and have friends all over the place there). 😀

Aside from maybe a vacation, I'll be finishing up my degree in a few months and then hopefully working to get some $$ before med school starts.
​
 
Bingo. You paid attention during that car trip to the airport I see.

I will be around Europe.. between France and a few other places. So we will have to coordinate!

I am going to play the hell out of Diablo 3 when it comes out first quarter of 2012.

Hopefully it will be all out of my system when school starts.

and the usual: day time job, super hero by night.

Gonna take some additional classes next semester and continue volunteering and research. Also waiting for Skyrim to come out 😀

See you in Paris CB, we'll be going gorillas.

...unless D3 or Sykrim are out. In which case I'll be spending my precious time in Europe with the only two franchises that could lock me up like that
 
I've got an anatomy background... so no book for me.

But I work currently in a hospital... 40 some hours a week.

I go out with friends. I eat fried food. I drink PBR/Guinness.

I'm also going to Europe for like 4 months starting at the end of April, going to stay with my friends in Europe, and family too. Live up the dream. Get a sick tan, find a trophy wife... and call it a year.

(semi-joking about the trophy wife thing...) :meanie:

Your taste in beer. 👍
 
Living in Germany doing a molecular medicine masters. Frolicking through the Mediterranean in June when my friend comes to visit
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm graduating with my MS this December. I plan to refresh my Spanish, do lots of hiking, maybe take a trip to the southwest for more hiking, maybe get a job, play my guitar a lot, finish some songs that I've been kicking around for a while, spend quality time with my fave peeps, etc.
 
Assuming I'm accepted somewhere:
Finishing school and then working.

Assuming I'm not accepted anywhere:
Finishing school and then working.

I don't have the money to travel anywhere.
 
If I get accepted I'll probably get back into running the 100 mile weeks and try to do a marathon and maybe an ironman before med school starts.

I could probably get back into the high mileage in about two months if I was dedicated, I would just need to find a good summer marathon to run in. It would be my first.

Also, I'll be getting a basset hound puppy in May. I'll be spending the summer training it.
 
If I get accepted I'll probably get back into running the 100 mile weeks and try to do a marathon and maybe an ironman before med school starts.

I could probably get back into the high mileage in about two months if I was dedicated, I would just need to find a good summer marathon to run in. It would be my first.

Also, I'll be getting a basset hound puppy in May. I'll be spending the summer training it.

100 mile weeks? AY DIOS MIO. :bow::bow::bow: