what are you doing over winter break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown82

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
lets hear it.

Members don't see this ad.

skiing in Vermont and vacationing in Florida

Members don't see this ad :)
going home to see family and high school friends. i LOVE winter break cause i have absolutely no work to do, and i never go on any crazy vacations, so i get to totally just chill. looking forward to it! now if i could just get these pesky finals out of the way, i could get to my sleeping and movie watching!

oh boy, it starts tomorrow at 3:30 when my exam is over! only I have to come back to the lab on Jan. 4, but that's plenty of time

what I'm doing: visiting my family, starting MCAT study, shadowing some doctors, playing with my dog, reading a book or two (or 3, or...) for fun!!! oh yeah, and reading stuff for the lab I'm rotating in next semester

Trying really hard to forget the most heinous essay biochem final exam (that I didn't even finish), and equally heinous abstract algebra final exam ("prove the First Isomorphism Theorem" on the last friggin' page! AIGH!) which were back to back.

cooking. Knitting. Sleeping. Burning the biochem book and my exams and quizzes. (jeez, and i'm a chem major? P-chem was easier than biochem!)

swifteagle43 said:
disney Land! Seriously!

Me too! Annual passholder. :D

Also on my list: movies, TV, and Pokemon :)o)

Vancouver for a week and then Europe for two...vacation time!!! :thumbup:

1) study for MCAT :thumbdown:
2) shadow :)
3) snowboard :thumbup:

Flying to Israel :D on Sunday till January 9th. Then I have to figure out a way to get rid of my jetlag :eek: quickly because I worked it so that I stay in NY for an interview instead of come back to the sunshine state and fly back to NY at a later date. Any suggestions? :confused:

Dr. AYY said:
Flying to Israel :D on Sunday till January 9th. Then I have to figure out a way to get rid of my jetlag :eek: quickly because I worked it so that I stay in NY for an interview instead of come back to the sunshine state and fly back to NY at a later date. Any suggestions? :confused:

Yeah, usually coming this way is easier (I think? I may have it backwards :p )
Anyway the best is to figure out the time in US for your flight back and then sleep if its night or stay awake if its day in US. It may require staying up the whole night before in Israel. But that short a time usually doesn't mean such bad jetlag. Enjoy Israel :)

Members don't see this ad :)
tigress said:
Yeah, usually coming this way is easier (I think? I may have it backwards :p )
Anyway the best is to figure out the time in US for your flight back and then sleep if its night or stay awake if its day in US. It may require staying up the whole night before in Israel. But that short a time usually doesn't mean such bad jetlag. Enjoy Israel :)

Thanx tigress, I am getting back at 5am US time so I think the no sleep the night before idea is my best option. Plus it is the last night on vacation I am definetely going to live it up so in essence I wasn't planning on sleeping anyway :D

studying studying studying

I miss school. The real world doesn't have a concept known as 'winter break'. I used up all my vacation days for interviews. However, I do plan to snowboard every weekend I can.

doing csb (chemskillbuilder :sleep: )

I am going to Puerto Rico with a friend of mine who's from the Island. I am sure I will enjoy the beach, food, the people, and the break from this awful winter!

Anyone else visiting PR?

Take care,

Playing basketball, enjoying time with my brothers, and helping my dad at his shop.

going back to sunny california, visiting with family, eating really good food & learning how to cook more stuff, catching up with friends, getting back in shape, snowboarding, relaxing and finding a job b/c after today i will be officially unemployed. =P

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - and I couldn't be more excited!!! :clap:

Medical school starts in less than 9 months... Better get started on the reading!

Just kidding, just kidding :)

hmm, over winter break i'm....

sleeping
eating
sleeping
buying christmas presents
unpacking
sleeping
packing
moving
snorkeling
caving
and chillin out

actually this is the first break ever where i don't have anything at all to worry about. no applications anymore, no work, no class, nothing except relaxation. i couldn't be happier.

futuremsf said:
actually this is the first break ever where i don't have anything at all to worry about. no applications anymore, no work, no class, nothing except relaxation. i couldn't be happier.

Play all the wideo games I get for Christmas and watch all the DVD sets I get. Hopefully I'll wear out the XBox before med school starts so I won't be tempted to take it with me.

Chillin' back in SoFlo,
Eating many Holiday treats,
Studyin' for biochem final,
Drinkin' beers, Shootin' shotguns,

...shootin' shotguns .. so much fun.

Studying for the GRE. :laugh:

No rest for the weary. :)

I've been a member for a while, but I am just now getting into the active stage of the application process. This site will surely help keep me focused. Just wanted to say hello.

VEGAS BABY, WO HOO~~!!

come on big money!

i love gambling.

for new year's i'm going skiing in the mountains of bulgaria! should be a blast. i've never been there!

myodana said:
for new year's i'm going skiing in the mountains of bulgaria! should be a blast. i've never been there!

wow, that just sounds so awesome and unique. i'll be going skiing, but more locally.
and, destressing from all the past 6 months of application process, though we all know there is much more to come! i really just want to relax

working, and working some more. with a little bit of worry about my upcoming interview mixed in, and then yes, more work.

GET OVER A GIRL :laugh: Fun time :laugh:

EMTLizzy said:
Play all the wideo games I get for Christmas and watch all the DVD sets I get. Hopefully I'll wear out the XBox before med school starts so I won't be tempted to take it with me.

Haha, that's a good one~ :D

I'm gonna go ski at Tahoe. Then I'll be tutoring some poor high school kids cuz they are taking the January SATII Biology. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll play a bit of DDR, too~ I haven't been exercising too much lately. Feel like a melting potato. blah~ ;)