What are you doing to not go crazy...err i mean keep busy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunnyHere

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
title says it all! How are you guys keeping yourself sane between your interview and when you MIGHT hear back. Or even until you get an interview invite. My job has so much free time that it's hard not to keep my mind off of med school haha. So I want to know what you folks are up to on your free time!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If I'm being real with you, getting off SDN would go a long way towards suppressing neuroticism. Videogames, hobbies and sports all help too.

its certainly hard to not think about it, especially since I am no longer in college. I have become so neurotic about checking my email, but what I've found myself doing is focusing on my family and my friends. I have been reaching out to old friends from high school and relatives that I may not have spoken to that recently, just to say hi and catch up, and I've found that to be relatively time-consuming, but in a way that leaves me feeling happy and positive (instead of stressed and drowning in an ocean of nerves and self-pity haha)

Members don't see this ad :)
This will sound tacky but, it is all part of the journey. We all played the game of life as a child, becoming a doctor was the best outcome. Unfortunately we don't get to do so on a roll. If it doesn't happen this year, there is always another that follows for those who are sincere. Good luck and enjoy the journey, after all that's what counts.

Weirdly, I'm grateful for school as a distraction. The first time I applied, I had a boring job and way too much time to (over)think about everything. I never thought I would be happy to be so busy with studying that sometimes I forget I'm in on-hold hell.

title says it all! How are you guys keeping yourself sane between your interview and when you MIGHT hear back. Or even until you get an interview invite. My job has so much free time that it's hard not to keep my mind off of med school haha. So I want to know what you folks are up to on your free time!

I'm just sitting here...
spiderman-desk.png

Reactions: 1 users
Video games and Netflix. I'm such a bum.

Reactions: 2 users
I mostly just waste time on SDN instead of doing all the important work that my professors are throwing at me. Oh... and halfheartedly studying for finals.

SSBM, martial arts, drinking

Hanging out with my friends Jack Daniels, Sam Adams, Jim Beam, and Don Julio. They do a good job of keeping me sane :D