Headshot… err, family photo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

notEinstein

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have this crazy idea and i’m not sure if it’s “that’s crazy but just might work” (draw attention) or “that’s crazy and don’t do that”.

I am a non-trad, not-far-from-40 year old applicant with a family. As such, my personal statement revolves around the theme of maturity and how that will be an asset to the class of 2030.

With this in mind, I was thinking of using a family portrait - my partner and 2 kids with me - rather than a headshot of just me. The idea is to connect the theme of family-person, maturity, etc.

Thoughts?
 
So I have this crazy idea and i’m not sure if it’s “that’s crazy but just might work” or “that’s crazy and don’t do that”.

I am a non-trad, not-far-from-40 year old applicant with a family. As such, my personal statement revolves around the theme of maturity and how that will be an asset to the class of 2030.

With this in mind, I was thinking of using a family portrait - my partner and 2 kids with me - rather than a headshot of just me. The idea is to connect the theme of family-person, maturity, etc.

Thoughts?
Just you, in the photo, dressed up
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad