What are you views on Ross University School of Medicine? Please Respond!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Doc2B

Hey,
I am an eager student wanting to go to medical school. I have graduated from the Honors College of Adelphi University, majoring in Biology, a GPA of 3.68, Honors in Liberal Studies, Honors out of the Honors College, Departmental Biological Honors and Latin Honors (Magna Cum Laude). My exta-curricular activities are tremendous, I am 21 years old and I am going to take the MCAT in April. I am going to apply to U.S. schools, but I want to know what your views are on Ross University School of Medicine of the Carribean. Please help me out, I really want to know what you think!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about Carribean med schools first hand, but from other people's posts it seems that foreign med schools, especially Ross, are a bad idea if you want to come back to the US. The off-shore med school topic is one of the few on this board where someone can say a school is "bad" and not have another member yell at them.

If you have your heart set on the Carribean, I would look at St. George's. I think you're guaranteed a US residency if you go there, you just don't have much choice.

Your stats sound pretty good so far. Good luck on the MCAT. If you do well there also, you'll have no problem getting into some US med school if you apply wisely.

-RDO

Hey Doc2B,

On the Osteopathic web site you mentioned that you were already in the Dominica, but on this site you mentioned you are interested in going to Dominica. Which is it?