What are your plans for winter break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalex

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be working 40 hours+ in a lab because I am broke as a joke.

But besides that I plan to go to Ikea to organize my makeup and volunteer with a animal shelter + clinic.

Members don't see this ad.

Working around 120 hours or so. And I'll do some MCAT content review.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking a class this winter, plus I'll hopefully be in work part time. I'm going for an interview in two more days. I'm on a roll.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to hibernate for 3 weeks.

Reactions: 10 users
I'm taking a class this winter, plus I'll hopefully be in work part time. I'm going for an interview in two more days. I'm on a roll.
You can take a class during break?

You can take a class during break?
Lol yes, they have winter sessions at a lot of colleges/universities. It's only 3 weeks so I'll be prepared for an intensive course load.

I don't get a winter break. You college students better enjoy it while you can.

Reactions: 4 users
MCAT content review, quality time with the kids before I'm back under a rock

Reactions: 1 users
I will be working 40 hours+ in a lab because I am broke as a joke.

But besides that I plan to go to Ikea to organize my makeup and volunteer with a animal shelter + clinic.

Start volunteering in the ER. :banana:

Work, sleep, mommy stuff. Clean the entire house.

Lots of working mostly. Going to try to pick up some extra shifts while school is out so I can make more money and rack up those clinical experience hours.
I'm going to pre study, mostly for calculus.
My baby girl is going to be in a Christmas play so I'm really excited to see that!

I've been wanting to get involved with habitat for humanity but haven't been able to this semester so I might start over winter break. I think I've missed the construction season but I could do some shifts at the local Restore over break.

Nothing for 2.5 weeks. I can't wait.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Study Mcat, sleep, play video games, shadow etc

Study for DAT and enjoy FL weather.

Oh, and I'm learning photography.

What's a winter break?

I have six days off btw Christmas and NYE holidays, I plan on snuggling with my dog and fiance, watching Star Wars, and if we find a good enough last minute deal, leaving the country for a weekend trip

Study the heck out of the mcat. aaaaaand, spend quality time with the fam and ex bf.

Shredding some pow ️☄️☄

i'm gonna be so drunk all the time

MCAT content review, sleeping, breathing, and going to Israel ! Also writing a research proposal and beginning my senior thesis, and applying to summer internships. But that's it :p

Performing rituals and seances daily in hopes of receiving anymore II's

Lay on my bed and think about how hard med school has been. Only to realize next semester will suck harder. Then cry while I eat chocolate covered lays potato chips.

Lay on my bed and think about how hard med school has been. Only to realize next semester will suck harder. Then cry while I eat chocolate covered lays potato chips.

Nothing complements chocolate better than the saltiness of tears and potato chips. Sounds like my kind of night.

Trying to line up a good 40 hours of shadowing one week, then read my statistics book from 10ish years ago and see if I need to retake the class. Review next semester's class schedule and adjust as needed. Find childcare. Evaluate with my husband about changing our oldest kid from one school to another. Oh, I need to re-learn Physics 1 too. Set up a calendar for my business in 2016 -marketing, events, etc scheduled around school and kids. And hopefully hear back from the hospital about volunteering.

Full speed ahead!

Trying to line up a good 40 hours of shadowing one week, then read my statistics book from 10ish years ago and see if I need to retake the class. Review next semester's class schedule and adjust as needed. Find childcare. Evaluate with my husband about changing our oldest kid from one school to another. Oh, I need to re-learn Physics 1 too. Set up a calendar for my business in 2016 -marketing, events, etc scheduled around school and kids. And hopefully hear back from the hospital about volunteering.

Full speed ahead!

40 hours of shadowing in one week? Dear god, that sounds awful.

Well, yeah. But it's cheaper to do it while my husband has PTO than to do it one day at a time and have to pay for childcare. 3 kids = $100/day

You'll need the Netflix to go with that.

My family will be in town for Christmas and I am looking forward to spending lots of time with them. Otherwise, I am mostly just working.

I am finally going to relax and do all the fun things I wanted to do!

1. Learn basic Russian (taking Russian II next semester for funsies)
2. Hike. It's Arizona. The weather is perfect. All the trails!
3. Join a gym (let's be real, the stress weight of this cycle tho)
4. Paint! Haven't had a chance to paint since I started college, now is my chance

And of course, catch up with old friends, play with my doggies, and sleep. Lots and lots of sleep.

I am finally going to relax and do all the fun things I wanted to do!

1. Learn basic Russian (taking Russian II next semester for funsies)
2. Hike. It's Arizona. The weather is perfect. All the trails!
3. Join a gym (let's be real, the stress weight of this cycle tho)
4. Paint! Haven't had a chance to paint since I started college, now is my chance

And of course, catch up with old friends, play with my doggies, and sleep. Lots and lots of sleep.

Russian is SO easy, there's lots of references online!
You're gonna love it.

Russian is SO easy, there's lots of references online!
You're gonna love it.

I am actually really excited. I learned the alphabet pretty quickly and it's been a fun "cocktail party talent" to write people's names in Cyrillic.

Take a two week, 2 credit class on Special Relativity! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

not so fun stuff: working, getting a head start on the next quarter
fun stuff: rotating in the ICU at my internship, seeing the family for Christmas
extra fun stuff: snowboarding in Big Bear, and then hiking in Yosemite!!

I am going to try to make some money to cover my credit card debt from applications. Bartending, tutoring and shoveling snow if we get any snow.

Practicing all of the physical exams and history taking (I forgot some stuff and need to brush up on it before spring clinical preceptorship) and some casual Step studying using Firecracker and maybe Pathoma. Oh and sleep. Lots and lots of sleep!

Watching every episode of House of Cards on Netflix.
Sleeping.
Eating.
No thoughts of school :)

Writing several drafts of my thesis, reviewing Calc II in prep for Differential Equations, online history class, other small things.

It's my last winter break. It seems like a bad idea to treat it as a break.

Study for DAT and enjoy FL weather.

Oh, and I'm learning photography.

Why do you still prowl the pre-medical forums?

Is there something appealing about the pre-med forums in particular?

Last secondary received yesterday, will complete today, and then this application hell is over and I can FINALLY get back to work (I miss my 80hr work-weeks), see the inside of the gym I pay a ridiculous monthly bill for, finally brush the dust off of my airplane and get in the air a bit, and hit the park with my pooches. I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE MY LIFE BACK AND BE PRODUCTIVE!!!!