What are your plans for Winter break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fakesmile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's hear it! :)

Members don't see this ad.

thinking of visiting Can.

Relaxing,
Catching up on reading (I have read two books so far!)
Video Games
Watching TV
Going to 1 interview
Nothing
Studying for next quarter's classes:p

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's see, relaxing, dog sitting for my neighbor, um...video games with bf...thats probably it

Probably my most unexciting break in awhile

-Friends and family from out of town coming in town=lots of hanging out
-Attending the one obligatory hellish family holiday get together
-Already rented the Dark Knight in anticipation of Tuesday's freedom
-Fifth of Crown Royal already purchase and awaiting me in the kitchen
-Filing taxes before the new semester starts:barf:
-If I can find a good book I'll read one (or a few)
-relaxing

Hope everyone enjoys the break!:)

Looking for housing for next year :(

I don't know but I need to find something fast because I am bored out of my mind!

Building homes for the homeless, raising 3 big brother kids, and taking 3 winter session classes.

You have just been gunned.

playing basketball, 1 interview, reading, going to some Blazer games, eating sushi, hanging out, buying things, skiing, watching movies, playing with my dog, ahh gotta love the holidays.

flying back home after all your classes and finals are done is the best feeling in the world.

i'm going to the beach every single damn day and get my tan back. Read a lot of sci fi/fantasy books rather than the "classics" and basically forget everything genetics-related. Catch up with friends and probably go to a lot of bbqs.

4 more days though...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully getting atleast 15 days of snowboarding in this break. Gotta have something to take my mind off this process.

writing my PS!

haha like that will happen. chill like no other... gain weight

I'll be on campus a lot doing both MCAT prep and working in the lab on biomedical research. Have to get this research finished up so I can submit a paper eventually. Other than that, I'm gonna try to get in really good shape and hang out with all my buddies coming home!

Visit the girlfriend
Do some reading
Catch up on movies, TV shows, video games
Hang with the family and enjoy Christmas
Host a New Years party
Maybe a road trip through Tennessee/Kentucky/Louisiana with some friends.

I'll be shadowing a general surgeon two days a week and a little volunteering perhaps.

finally reading for fun, sleeping, hanging out with friends, snowboarding.
Hopefully I can stay occupied enough to not think about med school admissions constantly
I do want to find something productive to do though

eating everything i shouldnt, start studying for mcats, volunteer, shadow a couple of surgeons...eat some more...go sledding!

Building homes for the homeless, raising 3 big brother kids, and taking 3 winter session classes.

You have just been gunned.

Click, Click, Boom

You forget you are also working on your NIH funded stem-cell research project. :)

Working mostly... :mad: Being away for interviews really put me behind. Thank goodness I'm not a good applicant because I wouldn't have known what to do with a lot of interviews.

But for one week I will eat, drink, receive presents, beat my brothers at Tiger Woods golf on Wii, try to lose weight gained during finals, find motivation to actually show up for my last semester of college, go to the movies, sleep, sleep, sleep, get pro status on Wii bowling... all in one week

Going up to NY! It's gonna be freezing, but then again I love the cold weather, so it should be a great trip.

:laugh: No, that won't work. You can join me in California? Or we could both meet up in the middle...in Kansas. ;)

I totally would. Except I think Kansas is a bit far to go for a pickup game :laugh:, and god knows I spent enough on travel this semester doing you know what.

Btw, some of u guys are right. This site IS an addiction for finals week. I couldn't resist making an account on here for some reason now that finals are here, even though I've just lurked through most of the application process.

Let's hear it! :)

Taking a week and half off and heading home AWAY from this campus. Drinking, watching a lot of TV, maybe go out with high school friends here and there but I'm so worn down from this semester I'll probably just have people over a couple of nights. When your at the tail-end of the pre-med journey, and you got enough partying in before you turned 21, going out and spending tons of money at city bars loses its luster (im sure itll return during breaks in med school).

Then I gotta come back here the Saturday or Sunday after Christmas. Imma be working 40 hours/week and studying for the mcat. :thumbdown:

eating everything i shouldnt, start studying for mcats, volunteer, shadow a couple of surgeons...eat some more...go sledding!

Yeah I was thinking of doing more shadowing but... well... F it. I'm too damn tired. Junior year is rough. Is next semester going to be any better? MCAT in May... apply in June... new research starts in Feb... it'll be worse :oops: Might as well relax for the week I actually do have off.

I'll be on campus a lot doing both MCAT prep and working in the lab on biomedical research. Have to get this research finished up so I can submit a paper eventually. Other than that, I'm gonna try to get in really good shape and hang out with all my buddies coming home!

trying to get down to 2.5% bf, eh?

Sitting at the firehouse, eating crappy pizza at the firehouse, running calls, writing my PS, and reading for fun :) I'm very excited.

...but I do have to get through finals first. Lame.

For everyone else who's procrastinating right now, good luck on finals and papers and lab reports and all that jazz! :luck:

Headed to Breckenridge for some quality time in the backcountry. Can't wait to be back in CO for a while.

I'm going to try to get in as much pleasure reading as possible, do a little shadowing in some of the more exciting specialties (determined as a matter of personal preference, of course), hang out with some high school friends, maybe get in a bit of photography, and I might try to learn Java programming.

Last edited:
For everyone else who's procrastinating right now, good luck on finals and papers and lab reports and all that jazz! :luck:

lol thats me as i'm 2 hours away from my last final.

but i'm going to disney world over break, and hopefully writing my rochester secondary essay stuff on the plane.

haha ya dude you totally need to get rid of those love handles..

Spend lots of time with family, and my best friend from high school will be home for a few days (she lives in SCarolina now). Sleep... and get as much out of my last pre med-school break as possible!

Breaks? I remember those...*sigh* :lame:

STAY IN COLLEGE AS LONG AS YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH.

Driving from Lake Charles to Pittsburgh tonight and tomorrow. Taking a number of articles with me (work for book proposals) and the laptop as I have to tweak lectures for next semester. Value your breaks while you have them - they stop being meaningful once you stop being an undergraduate.

I'll spend my first week of winter break studying for the MCAT until my brain hurts. Then, the second week, I'll study for the MCAT some more

Ahhh. . . the life of a pre-med