What backpack should I buy for Pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted544110

I'm starting at the University of Kentucky COP in the fall and the backpack I bought for my undergrad just isn't going to cut it for 4-6 more years. What backpacks do y'all use for your day-to-day?

Members don't see this ad.

I use one of those Swiss Gear laptop backpacks. It's been nearly 6 years since my parents bought it for me and the only physical deformity is that the hard rubber(?) piece on the top handle is partly torn. Only downside is that it is a bit pricey; mine was around $120 but it was worth every penny IMO.

I got a north face one, had lots of pockets and a rape whistle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm rocking a $30 Jansport from middle school!

Don't really carry much anyways - laptop, blank paper, pencils/pens, calculator, knife, phillips/flat head screwdriver, deodorant, loose change, chapstick, glasses, lab coat, and Excedrin.

Reactions: 1 user
North Face - Slingshot. It lasted all four years and had plenty of space for all my crap, plus it didn't weigh a ton when I filled. It also comes with one of those hip belts or whatever that's called so that all the weight doesn't get put on your shoulders

I'm rocking a $30 Jansport from middle school!.
I did the same thing all the way through p3 year. I remember the zipper pull tab broke, so I had to ghetto rig it with a paper clip and key ring so I had something to grasp and move the zipper. Was too late in my academic career to invest in another backpack, wasn't going to get much use.

On rotations, since I no longer needed to carry books or multiple different notebooks, folders, and binders, I went with a laptop bag.

You all are doing it wrong. Ninja turtle backpack all the way!

Reactions: 1 users
I like the High Sierra Tank - can double as a briefcase/overnight bag after you graduate.

I have a couple of classmates who just carry a laptop shoulder bag since we all use OneNote on the school-issued tablets. I say make your decision after a few weeks of classes because your decision could vary with school policy.

I think I've settled on the North Face Surge II; it seems pretty solid. Any North Face horror stories or has everyone had a pretty good experience with them?

I'm starting at the University of Kentucky COP in the fall and the backpack I bought for my undergrad just isn't going to cut it for 4-6 more years. What backpacks do y'all use for your day-to-day?

The guys and girls at my school are all about messenger bags - some of the girls just get over-sized fashion bags too. Looks professional

LL Bean worked great for me. Got the basic black.
I also had a tactical bag from the local army navy store.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

went with LL Bean back in the day. Had lots of pockets. Kept 1 pocket for Jolly Ranchers :D

does anyone else find this thread hilarious? Seriously, get a cheap piece of crap and remember everything you buy is going to have a 6.8% interest rate attached to it.

I think I've settled on the North Face Surge II; it seems pretty solid. Any North Face horror stories or has everyone had a pretty good experience with them?
horror stories? we're talking about backpacks here, right?

does anyone else find this thread hilarious? Seriously, get a cheap piece of crap and remember everything you buy is going to have a 6.8% interest rate attached to it.

After your bag rips open while you're running and spills the contents onto the subway tracks, you'll wish you bought something that wasn't cheap.

Reactions: 1 user