Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What can we do to change healthcare?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by markdo3549, Nov 15, 2005.

1. markdo3549

markdo3549 VCOM 2010
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was looking up some possible questions that could be asked on an upcoming interview and I was wondering if someone could help me answer these questions ( or maybe give me some ideas). What can be done to change the healthcare crisis (medicare/medicaid) in the U.S.? Name 3 materialistic items that are most important to you (is this a trick question)? How do you determine a person's worth (is one life worth more over another)? Like I was saying, I just would like suggestions. They seem like they could be trick questions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

2. fitnessexpert

fitnessexpert Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It is the classic questions like: What kitchen utensil would you be and why? The question is just rephrased for medical school interviews. They want to know that you can think "off the cuff" in a mature, literate, manner. Be truthful about your favorite things and why they are important to you.
    The ethical questions are up to you. There is rarely a wrong answer (unless you are being unethical) you just have to justify the way you feel. An example of what may happen to you as a doctor is two patients WALK into the ER and one has a knife in his back and another is having a heartattack which one do you treat first. I know it is a little exaggerated but you get the point. Ethical things you have to decide for yourself.